SBI PO 2019 Complete Syllabus & Strategy
Age Limit (As on 31.08.2018):-
Minimum Age – 21 years
Maximum Age – 30 years
Note* – You should have been born not before 02.04.1988 and not after 01.04.1997 (both days inclusive).
SBI PO Age Relaxation:-
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- PwD (SC/ST) – 15 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (Gen) – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers with 5 years’ service completed and released – 5 years
- Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
- You should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government OR
- Students in Final Year/Semester of their Graduation provided they produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate, provided date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018:-
SBI PO Selection process consist of following 3 stages:
- 1st Phase – Prelims Stage
- 2nd Phase – Mains Stage (Objective & Descriptive Paper)
- 3rd Phase – Group Exercise & Interview
SBI PO Final Selection 2019
You have to qualify in Phases II (Mains) & Phase III separately. The Final merit is based on:
Final Merit List = Mains Marks (Objective & Descriptive) + GE & Interview
1st Phase – Prelims Stage:-
Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2018 Prelims
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
BILINGUAL TEST: Every section (except English Language) will be available in English as well as Hindi. So if you are more comfortable with Hindi, several types of questions might be easier to attempt in Hindi, than in English.
NEGATIVE MARKING: Each wrong answer takes a quarter of the marks assigned to that question from your total. The negative marking is small enough that if you are reasonably sure of an answer, you can take a chance and mark it. But be careful not to overdo it with guesses. Your accuracy could be the difference between selection and disqualification.
2nd Phase – Mains Stage (Objective & Descriptive Paper):-
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:-
SBI PO Mains 2018 will be consist of 3 parts –
Objective Test (200 marks) ,
Descriptive Test (50 marks) and
The Objective and Descriptive tests will be held Online.
Objective Test : This test will be of 200 Marks, consisting of 155 questions and total duration of 3 hours.
|Sr.No.||Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||30||30||40 minutes|
- Descriptive Test: This test is to be completed in 30 minutes and the maximum marks for this test is 50.This test is conducted to test the writing skills of candidates via Letter Writing & Essay Writing.
NOTE: The Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
- Interview Process: Aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both Objective and Descriptive Tests will be arranged in descending order in each category. A certain adequate number of candidates as decided by the bank, will be called for the Group Discussion and Interview.
|Phase/Test||Max. Marks||Normalized to|
|Main Examination (Phase II)||225||75|
|GD & Interview (Phase III)||50||25|
Bilingual Test: Every section (except English Language) will be available in English as well as Hindi.
Negative Marking: Each wrong answer takes a quarter of the marks assigned to that question from your total.
SBI PO Syllabus (Pre.) 2018:-
SBI PO Preliminary Exam syllabus: The preliminary examination of SBI PO exam 2018 comprises of Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The complete detail of heading and sub-heading of the sections asked in Preliminary Exam of SBI PO 2018 exam is discussed below:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures &Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SBI PO Syllabus (Mains) 2018:-
SBI PO Mains syllabus: The Mains Examination of SBI PO exam 2018 comprises of 5 sections: Reasoning, English Language, Data Analysis, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, Computer Awareness. The complete syllabus is discussed below:
|Data Analysis||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals/Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
SBI PO Syllabus 2018 – Descriptive Test:-
The syllabus of SBI PO descriptive paper includes:
(a) Letter Writing
- Informal Letter: Writing letters to friends, relatives, parents, siblings
- Formal Letter: Writing Letter to Bank Manager, News Editors, Govt Department Officers.
- Letters on saving the account, net banking and education loan.
(b) Essay Writing
(c) Precise Writing
(d) Paragraph writing