SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
A candidate is required to be: A citizen of India, A subject of Nepal, A subject of Bhutan, A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India
1. SBI Age Limit for Clerk Exam 2018 (as on 1st January 2018):-
If you fall in the age bracket of 20 to 28 years, then you are eligible to apply for the SBI Clerk exam.
Minimum Age – 20 years
Maximum Age – 28 years
SBI Age Relaxation for Clerk Exam 2018:-
As most of you know, most recruiting bodies give some age relaxations to applicants. Age Relaxation for SBI Clerk Exam will also be applicable as per Govt. norms.
The SBI Clerk 2018 Age Relaxation for different categories are as follows:
3 years for OBC (Non – Creamy Layer)
5 years for SC/ST; Ex-Servicemen,
Commissioned Officers with 5 years’ service completed & released and Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
10 years for PWD (General)
13 years for PWD (OBC)
15 years for PWD (SC/ST)
2. SBI Clerk Educational Qualification 2018:-
You should have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2018:-
The selection procedure of SBI Clerk Recruitment consists of 3 different stages as mentioned below:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Test of Official and/or Local Language
This is for the first time sectional timing has been introduced in the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam. There will be three sections consisting of total 100 marks.
Point to be Noted:
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the no. of vacancies, subject to availability) will be short listed for the Mains Exam from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
- There is no minimum qualifying marks for individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) score.
- The Prelims exam is bilingual i.e available in both English and Hindi, except for the English section.
- There is negative marking for 1/4th mark for each wrong answer.
|Name Of Section||No. of|
|Total||190||200||2Hr 40 Min|
Point to be Remembered:
- The online test will be bilingual, available in both English and Hindi language except for the English section.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers (1/4th mark will be deducted).
- No minimum marks for individual subject are prescribed.
Local Language Test
If you have studied the official (local) language or local level at 10th level and have proof as a certificate, you will not be subject to an additional Language Test. If not so, you will be required to take a language test which will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
SBI Clerk Final Selection 2018
Final merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the SBI Clerk Main exam. The marks obtained in prelims exam will not be added towards the final selection. Merit List will be drawn state wise & category wise.