Complete Information About SSC CPO 2018
To score high in SSC CPO 2018 exam, all candidates must be aware of SSC CPO syllabus. It is important to understand the syllabus as well as the structure of exam in order to get preparation intact for SSC CPO 2018 Exam.
Educational Qualifications (as on 01.08.2018):-
- You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
- For Delhi Police Sub Inspector post (only), male candidates must have a valid driving license of motorcycle and car during the physical endurance test. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to undergo Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
Minimum Age Limit – 20 years
Maximum Age Limit – 25 years
Age Relaxation (as on 01.08.2018)
|Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during
01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (UR/GEN)
|Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during
01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (OBC)
Exam Pattern & Syllabus:-
Exam will take place in 5 stages – Paper I and Paper II. After qualifying both the Papers, you will have to appear for a Physical Efficiency Test.
STAGE-1. (Paper I)
|Date of Exam||Part||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|4th June 2018 to
10th June 2018
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
STAGE-2 (Paper 2):-
|Date of Exam||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|1st December 2018||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B and C of Paper I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- You are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- The Commission may fix qualifying marks in Paper-II later, but as of now, it is just of qualifying nature.
SSC CPO Paper-1 Syllabus:-
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CPO Paper-2 Syllabus:-
|English Language and Comprehension||
PET & PST:-
(Physical Efficiency Endurance Test & Physical Standards Test )
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
Criteria for the Medical Test for SSC CPO 2018 is mentioned below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
Merit List release will be based on Written Exam.